October 7, 2010
Construction continues on McMaster Innovation Park in Hamilton
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work is ongoing for the Canmet MTL, McMaster Innovation Park project in Hamilton, Ont. General contractor EllisDon Corp. began the three-storey, designed for LEED Canada NC Platinum Certification building in May 2009 with completion scheduled for late 2010.
The facility will include office/meeting space, display area, a photo studio and laboratory space.
The project was designed by Diamond and Schmitt Architects Inc. Consultants are Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural) and Cobalt Engineering (mechanical/electrical). Subcontractors include: Mottlab (lab furniture); Sobotec (composite concrete cladding system); Semple-Gooder (zinc cladding); Bothwell-Accurate Co. Ltd. (membrane roofing); MetalTec (metal roofing); and Stouffville Glass Inc.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job