October 5, 2010
Work continues on new Durham College student services centre in Oshawa, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work progresses on the new Durham College Student Services Building in Oshawa, Ont. Ball Construction is the general contractor for the two-storey facility, which will include a reception and kiosk area, academic space, study/meeting space, offices, lounge areas and women’s centre.
The project was designed by Teeple Architect Inc. and the owner is Durham College.
Consultants are: CPE Structural Consultants Ltd.; (structural); Birnie Electric Ltd. (electrical); Demaiter Engineering Inc.
Subcontractors include: Boyle Excavating Ltd.; V.A. Wood (inspections);Tresman Steel Industries Ltd. (structural steel); R-Co Steel Fabricators; CBM (concrete); Bernel Masonry; CityMark Construction and Drywall; Mutual Mechanical; Dirtt (office furniture); C & H Fire Suppression Systems Inc.(fire protection); Vixman Construction (metal); Ritz Metal 2000 Inc.(aluminum); and Westmount Storefront Systems Ltd. (glass).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 333 projects with a total value of $13,209,890,621 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$150,000,000 Toronto ON Negotiated
$35,000,000 Chatham ON Negotiated
$26,000,000 Sudbury ON Tenders
- Potential hiring quotas overshadow infrastructure act
- GO Green
- P3 mega bridges require mega planning
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Karakatsanis one of Canada’s powerful women
- Gerard McDonald new Professional Engineers Ontario registrar
- Oshawa urban design awards nominations open
- U.S. construction spending hits highest level in four years
- Amount of leased industrial/retail and office properties increases
- Residential sales in the GTA on the rise
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs