October 5, 2010
Work continues on new Durham College student services centre in Oshawa, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work progresses on the new Durham College Student Services Building in Oshawa, Ont. Ball Construction is the general contractor for the two-storey facility, which will include a reception and kiosk area, academic space, study/meeting space, offices, lounge areas and women’s centre.
The project was designed by Teeple Architect Inc. and the owner is Durham College.
Consultants are: CPE Structural Consultants Ltd.; (structural); Birnie Electric Ltd. (electrical); Demaiter Engineering Inc.
Subcontractors include: Boyle Excavating Ltd.; V.A. Wood (inspections);Tresman Steel Industries Ltd. (structural steel); R-Co Steel Fabricators; CBM (concrete); Bernel Masonry; CityMark Construction and Drywall; Mutual Mechanical; Dirtt (office furniture); C & H Fire Suppression Systems Inc.(fire protection); Vixman Construction (metal); Ritz Metal 2000 Inc.(aluminum); and Westmount Storefront Systems Ltd. (glass).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Prompt payment bill headed to committee
- Final Phase
- A return to core values a must for banks: Carney
- OHMPA on the road with informative seminars
- Local 675 strike ends after new agreement ratified
- NDP says it will support Liberal budget, averting spring election
- Measure of U.S. economy’s future health rises 0.6 per cent in April after March dip
- Terratec awarded Brighton, Ont. Lagoon Clean-Out Project contract
- Fundraising campaign to reach target for new Shriners Hospital for Children
- George Brown College building named after Tridel CEO
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)