October 5, 2010
Bondfield Construction continues work on parking garage in St. Catharines, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Below-grade work continues on the new mixed-use Carlisle Street parking garage at Carlisle and King streets in St. Catharines, Ont. Bondfield Construction is the general contractor for the project, which will include two levels below grade and six storeys above, with space for approximately 600 vehicles.
There will also be space for commercial lease. Completion has been scheduled for March 2011.
The owner is the City of St. Catharines and the architect is Macdonald Zuberec Ensslen Architects.
Consultants are Halsall Associates Ltd. (structural); and Smith & Andersen Consulting Engineers (mechanical/electrical).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Halton Reg ON Prebid
$191,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$144,000,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
- Toronto firms tops for Winnipeg hut designs
- Toronto architect releases music album
- Road pricing an effective congestion fighter, say experts
- What does “Local Knowledge” really mean in Ontario AFPs?
- United States construction employers add 17,000 jobs in November but growth is uneven, finds AGC
- Toronto housing starts dip: CMHC
- Active unions needed, says Segal
- Saint John Harbour Bridge project wraps up
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex