October 4, 2010
Work continues on Oakville, Ontario wastewater treatment plant
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work continues on the third phase of upgrades to the Oakville South West Wastewater Treatment Plant in Oakville, Ont. General contractor Kenaidan Contracting Ltd. began the work in January 2010. It includes new treatment plants, a pumping station, screening building and administration building.
Completion is slated for August 2011.
Oakville Project Team
The architect and prime consultant on the Oakville South West Wastewater Treatment Plant phase 3 upgrades in Oakville, Ont. is Stantec Consulting Ltd.
Subcontractors include: Lions Group Inc. (demolition); Terrasan Environmental Solutions Inc. (excavation); EBS Engineering & Construction Ltd. (rock anchors); Deep Foundations Contractors Inc.; Salit Steel (rebar); Kenaidan Contracting Ltd./MJR Contractors Ltd. (formwork); Stubbe’s Precast Commercial Inc. (precast); Lafarge Canada Inc. (ready-mix concrete); Orient Construction Ltd. (drywall); Adlers Main Tile & Carpet Co. Ltd. (ceramic); Bernel Masonry Ltd.; KCL mechanical (process); Mattina Mechanical Ltd. (plumbing/drainage); Lancaster Sheet Metal Ltd. (HVAC); Selectra Inc.(electrical); Torsteel Co. Ltd. (misc. metals); Chouinard Bros. (roofing); Algoma Contractors Inc. (waterproofing); Welsh Glassworks Inc.; Global Door & Hardware Co. Ltd. and Empire Paving Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)