October 4, 2010
Work continues on Oakville, Ontario wastewater treatment plant
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work continues on the third phase of upgrades to the Oakville South West Wastewater Treatment Plant in Oakville, Ont. General contractor Kenaidan Contracting Ltd. began the work in January 2010. It includes new treatment plants, a pumping station, screening building and administration building.
Completion is slated for August 2011.
Oakville Project Team
The architect and prime consultant on the Oakville South West Wastewater Treatment Plant phase 3 upgrades in Oakville, Ont. is Stantec Consulting Ltd.
Subcontractors include: Lions Group Inc. (demolition); Terrasan Environmental Solutions Inc. (excavation); EBS Engineering & Construction Ltd. (rock anchors); Deep Foundations Contractors Inc.; Salit Steel (rebar); Kenaidan Contracting Ltd./MJR Contractors Ltd. (formwork); Stubbe’s Precast Commercial Inc. (precast); Lafarge Canada Inc. (ready-mix concrete); Orient Construction Ltd. (drywall); Adlers Main Tile & Carpet Co. Ltd. (ceramic); Bernel Masonry Ltd.; KCL mechanical (process); Mattina Mechanical Ltd. (plumbing/drainage); Lancaster Sheet Metal Ltd. (HVAC); Selectra Inc.(electrical); Torsteel Co. Ltd. (misc. metals); Chouinard Bros. (roofing); Algoma Contractors Inc. (waterproofing); Welsh Glassworks Inc.; Global Door & Hardware Co. Ltd. and Empire Paving Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- TCIC bid competition a prep for the future, say students
- George Street Glass
- Enbridge pledges jobs with proposed pipeline
- Ontario now off coal
- CEO honours top Ontario engineer firms
- Muskrat Falls project costs going up, reports Nalcor Energy CEO
- Ex government engineer accepted gifts in exchange for contracts
- Alberta health and safety officials investigate death of electrician
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job