June 1, 2010
Canada Green Building Council releases new LEED standards
The Canada Green Building Council is set to launch LEED Canada for New Construction and Major Renovations (NC) 2009 and LEED Canada Core and Shell Development (CS) 2009.
These updated rating systems include current reference standards, re-weighted credits, and improved credit compliance pathways.
LEED Canada NC 2009 will allow for faster review of applications and a streamlined certification process.
Registration for new projects will open on June 21, 2010.
Projects registered with the CaGBC before June 21 will have the option to continue certification under LEED Canada NC 1.0 or opt into the new LEED Canada NC 2009 system.
Reference guides for the new systems will be available to order at the national conference starting June 9th, 2010.
For more information on the CaGBC visit www.cagbc.org.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 381 projects with a total value of $3,359,995,864 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$60,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$35,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- $700 million raised for GTA cricket stadium
- Hamilton’s Gore Park makeover underway
- Chazy Glass Work
- What is key in contractor and supplier relations?
- New Brunswick to invest in Loyalist House
- Greco Aluminum Railings secures railing system work in New Jersey
- Nova Scotia issues tender to replace earthen dyke
- Bouygues Energies & Services acquires Plan Group
- Journal of Commerce to launch new website
- Apprentices square off at B.C. boilermaker competition
- Report urges WorkSafeBC to overhaul the way it investigates
- Vancouver Island landmark undergoing major renovations
- Creation of a free trade zone within Canada being explored
- RFP process brings heavy demands
- False Creek's New Beginning
- European apprenticeships examined
- Kenney sees harmonized training progress
- Nunavut deep sea port seen as important to Arctic