August 12, 2009
New Lead Service Helps Small Business Contractors Find Work, Offers Free Plans and Specs
August 12, 2009 - Reed Construction Data (RCD) today unveiled the next phase of SmartProject News, a construction lead service helping contractors and small construction companies grow their businesses through easy-to-use online tools and a powerful back-end database of projects, firms, bidders and contacts.
With the launch of this service, RCD is running a special promotion until August 31, 2009 offering free plans and specs for new subscribers.
SmartProject News (SPN) is designed for contractors that are looking for hard bid and negotiated, non-residential work. The SPN database includes tens of thousands of private and public project leads available to customers. Flexible and low-priced purchase options include full access to localized territories or states, as well as project bundles of 10 or 25.
“Immediate access to commercial construction project information has never been more important to our customers,” remarked Rich Remington, Vice President of Product and Technology, Reed Construction Data. “SmartProject News delivers on what our customers request and our vision to provide our customers with a flexible online solution that provides data how, where and when they want it.”
The upgraded service provides over 30 new metro-area subscription options and several advanced search features to help customers quickly identify local projects, as well as opportunities in surrounding areas.
High-potential projects are easily identified with SPN’s revamped user interface and search tools. Users can track projects using automated e-mail alerts and access project plans and specs with the click of a button.
All visitors can register and immediately search summary-level data on thousands of construction projects throughout the United States and Canada.
For more information visit, reedconstructiondata.com/spn
Reed Construction Data
Reed Construction Data, a division of Reed Business Information and the Inaugural Strategic Partner of the AIA, is a leading North American provider of construction information through a diverse portfolio of innovative products and services. Reed offers its customers building information modeling (BIM) solutions, construction project leads, building product information, construction cost tools, market analytics and construction news through a suite of online and print references — all valuable resources for architects, engineers, contractors, manufacturers, distributors and other professionals in the construction industry. For more information, visit www.reedconstructiondata.com or call 877-REED411.
Reed Business Information, a part of the Reed Elsevier Group plc (NYSE:RUK and ENL), is North America’s largest business-to-business information provider, with more than 80 market-leading publications, 55 Websites and a range of leading business-to-business services.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 541 projects with a total value of $2,992,674,310 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$290,000,000 North York ON Prebid
$105,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Prebid
$75,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Prompt payment bill headed to committee
- Final Phase
- A return to core values a must for banks: Carney
- OHMPA on the road with informative seminars
- Local 675 strike ends after new agreement ratified
- NDP says it will support Liberal budget, averting spring election
- Measure of U.S. economy’s future health rises 0.6 per cent in April after March dip
- Terratec awarded Brighton, Ont. Lagoon Clean-Out Project contract
- Fundraising campaign to reach target for new Shriners Hospital for Children
- George Brown College building named after Tridel CEO
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)