June 30, 2009
Construction in full swing at Park Place condos in Brampton, Ontario
Crews are above the 11th floor in the construction of the $27 million Park Place condominium project at 122 John Street in Brampton.
Most trades have been awarded for the 230,000-square-foot building, which has been under construction since February 2008.
Some of the trades working on the concrete building include:
• Gentile Contracting Ltd. (Excavation)
• Strong Foundation Inc. (Foundations)
• Paramount Structures Ltd. (Formwork)
• Gilbert Steel Ltd. (Reinforcing steel)
• Canadian Precast Ltd. (Precast concrete)
• State Windows Corp. (Glass and glazing)
• Duron Ontario Ltd. (Roofing)
• Aquasafe Mechanical Ltd. (Mechanical)
• Tormar Ventilation Systems (Ventilation)
• Panson Electric Services Ltd. (Electrical)
• United Drywall Ltd. (Drywall)
• Selco Elevators Ltd. (Elevators)
Standing 27-storeys-high, the Park Place condo building has four levels of underground parking to hold approximately 300 vehicles. The masonry clad structure includes a two storey lobby with an entrance canopy and concierge desk.
Inzola Construction Inc. expects to complete the building by spring of 2010 and is still looking for some finishing trades.
The condos feature wrap-around terraces with glass railings, energy tinted double-glazed windows, nine foot ceilings throughout and ten foot ceilings in the penthouse.
Amenities in the 220-unit condominium will include;
• A formal dining room and party room, equipped with a European-style kitchen
• A landscaped roof terrace with a B.B.Q patio and full access to the kitchen
• Theatre room, billiards room, fitness room and yoga studio
• Three designer-furnished elevators
• Hotel-style guest suites.
There are 16 different suite plans available in the building. Interiors will feature satin nickel finishes, sliding mirror closet doors and conveniently located laundry facilities
Designers working on the project are:
• Page + Steele IBI Group Architects (Architectural)
• Chapman Design Group (Interior designs)
• Strybos Barron King Ltd. (Landscape Plans)
• Skira & Associates Ltd. (Civil engineering)
• Stevenson Engineering Ltd. (Structural engineering)
• M V Shore Associates (1993)Ltd. (Mechanical and electrical engineering)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 309 projects with a total value of $9,233,720,297 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$500,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
$500,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$358,545,063 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- New changes will strengthen the culture
- Highway projects completed for 2013
- Lack of established areas driving up home prices
- Auto association pushes for dedicated funding
- New airport construction breaks ground
- U.S. manufacturing sector rising at a quick pace
- Oil projects help to lower deficit
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs