June 30, 2009
Construction in full swing at Park Place condos in Brampton, Ontario
Crews are above the 11th floor in the construction of the $27 million Park Place condominium project at 122 John Street in Brampton.
Most trades have been awarded for the 230,000-square-foot building, which has been under construction since February 2008.
Some of the trades working on the concrete building include:
• Gentile Contracting Ltd. (Excavation)
• Strong Foundation Inc. (Foundations)
• Paramount Structures Ltd. (Formwork)
• Gilbert Steel Ltd. (Reinforcing steel)
• Canadian Precast Ltd. (Precast concrete)
• State Windows Corp. (Glass and glazing)
• Duron Ontario Ltd. (Roofing)
• Aquasafe Mechanical Ltd. (Mechanical)
• Tormar Ventilation Systems (Ventilation)
• Panson Electric Services Ltd. (Electrical)
• United Drywall Ltd. (Drywall)
• Selco Elevators Ltd. (Elevators)
Standing 27-storeys-high, the Park Place condo building has four levels of underground parking to hold approximately 300 vehicles. The masonry clad structure includes a two storey lobby with an entrance canopy and concierge desk.
Inzola Construction Inc. expects to complete the building by spring of 2010 and is still looking for some finishing trades.
The condos feature wrap-around terraces with glass railings, energy tinted double-glazed windows, nine foot ceilings throughout and ten foot ceilings in the penthouse.
Amenities in the 220-unit condominium will include;
• A formal dining room and party room, equipped with a European-style kitchen
• A landscaped roof terrace with a B.B.Q patio and full access to the kitchen
• Theatre room, billiards room, fitness room and yoga studio
• Three designer-furnished elevators
• Hotel-style guest suites.
There are 16 different suite plans available in the building. Interiors will feature satin nickel finishes, sliding mirror closet doors and conveniently located laundry facilities
Designers working on the project are:
• Page + Steele IBI Group Architects (Architectural)
• Chapman Design Group (Interior designs)
• Strybos Barron King Ltd. (Landscape Plans)
• Skira & Associates Ltd. (Civil engineering)
• Stevenson Engineering Ltd. (Structural engineering)
• M V Shore Associates (1993)Ltd. (Mechanical and electrical engineering)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 381 projects with a total value of $3,359,995,864 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$60,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$35,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- $700 million raised for GTA cricket stadium
- Hamilton’s Gore Park makeover underway
- Chazy Glass Work
- What is key in contractor and supplier relations?
- New Brunswick to invest in Loyalist House
- Greco Aluminum Railings secures railing system work in New Jersey
- Nova Scotia issues tender to replace earthen dyke
- Bouygues Energies & Services acquires Plan Group
- Journal of Commerce to launch new website
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of 21st, 2014
- Apprentices square off at B.C. boilermaker competition
- Report urges WorkSafeBC to overhaul the way it investigates
- Vancouver Island landmark undergoing major renovations
- Creation of a free trade zone within Canada being explored
- RFP process brings heavy demands
- False Creek's New Beginning
- European apprenticeships examined
- Kenney sees harmonized training progress
- Nunavut deep sea port seen as important to Arctic