June 23, 2009
$1 billion Goreway power station all fired up in Brampton, Ontario
The 800 MW Goreway Power Station is now in commercial operation.
Testing has been completed and the plant is dispatching power to the Ontario grid, reports SNC-Lavalin Power Ontario. The Goreway Power Station was constructed under a turnkey engineering procurement and construction agreement with SNC-Lavalin Power Ontario Inc.
The station is the first new major power facility built in Ontario in the last 25 years. SNC-Lavlin carried out the engineering, procurement and construction of the plant, with a $1-billion price tag.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 340 projects with a total value of $17,600,387,682 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$134,000,000 Mississauga ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$78,418,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Construct Canada celebrates silver anniversary
- Celsius Construction
- Seventy-five years later, OGCA guided by same core principles
- Unexpected find delayed Montreal bus terminal
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- Aging bridges perfect candidates for aluminum: AAC
- Electric vehicle charging stations available at some GO stations
- Workers return to World Cup stadium after deadly accident
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Federal government promises to speed up construction of new Montreal bridge
- Liberals, NDP warn PC right to work bill would kill jobs and lower wages for all
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs