June 23, 2009
$1 billion Goreway power station all fired up in Brampton, Ontario
The 800 MW Goreway Power Station is now in commercial operation.
Testing has been completed and the plant is dispatching power to the Ontario grid, reports SNC-Lavalin Power Ontario. The Goreway Power Station was constructed under a turnkey engineering procurement and construction agreement with SNC-Lavalin Power Ontario Inc.
The station is the first new major power facility built in Ontario in the last 25 years. SNC-Lavlin carried out the engineering, procurement and construction of the plant, with a $1-billion price tag.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 460 projects with a total value of $2,479,930,740 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$145,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$110,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$70,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- VIDEO: RCCAO Pre-Budget Roundtable on infrastructure
- Storied Burka Architects downsizes and transitions
- Learning Centre Construction
- Collaboration with industry important to workplace safety improvement: Witmer
- Robot-powered construction revolution
- Engineers design permanent flood protection for Calgary
- Inquest called into fatal Vecchio incident
- Infrastructure Ontario issues RFQ for Ontario Place construction
- Cisco picks Toronto for location of new innovation hub
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- PHOTO GALLERY: 2014 Wood Design Awards
- Wastewater treatment plant tops priority list
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Industry reacts as details emerge about job grant agreement
- Demand rising for Kitimat camps
- Open textbooks are key to skills training
- InPower BC awarded John Hart project contract
- Skills training investment in Manitoba
- Premier claims pact justifies need for $10 billion dam