June 23, 2009
$1 billion Goreway power station all fired up in Brampton, Ontario
The 800 MW Goreway Power Station is now in commercial operation.
Testing has been completed and the plant is dispatching power to the Ontario grid, reports SNC-Lavalin Power Ontario. The Goreway Power Station was constructed under a turnkey engineering procurement and construction agreement with SNC-Lavalin Power Ontario Inc.
The station is the first new major power facility built in Ontario in the last 25 years. SNC-Lavlin carried out the engineering, procurement and construction of the plant, with a $1-billion price tag.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding