LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
June 23, 2009
SNC-Lavalin to work on Saudi power link
SNC-Lavalin has been awarded a contract for consultancy services on the high voltage direct current (HVDC) electricity interconnection project between Egypt and Saudi Arabia.
The contract, valued at US$3.9 million, includes the route selection of the proposed approximate 1,500 km two-pole 500 KV multi-terminal HVDC link, the system and design studies for the link which would be able to transfer 3000 MW of power, as well as the preparation of the request for proposals for the HVDC stations and lines in both countries.
SNC-Lavalin T&D is currently completing a similar project for the GCC Interconnection Authority, connecting Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is also carrying out studies and engineering and supervision mandates for 66KV, 132KV and 220KV substations in Bahrain and UAE.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin