June 22, 2009
New U.S. contract agreement for federal jobs
Latest ConsensusDOCs edition
It is now easier for construction companies to work on federal government construction projects. An American industry-wide coalition, ConsensusDOCS, is publishing a new contract agreement written to specifically address the complexities of federal subcontracting.
At a time when the stimulus and other federal construction programs are rapidly expanding, general and specialty contractors will benefit from using the first standard subcontract to address new complex contractual rules and regulations for federal government projects.
“With America looking to the construction community to rebuild our economy and restore our hope, the last thing we want is contractors being excessively burdened by complex rules and regulations,” said Tom Kelleher, Senior Partner in Smith, Currie & Hancock LLP and chair of the national coalition of associations who wrote and endorsed the new standard contract.
“The new ConsensusDOCS federal subcontract will keep needed construction projects from getting tangled up in red tape.”
The new document, known as ConsensusDOCS 752-Subcontract for Federal Government Construction Projects, addresses the terms and conditions needed for subcontractors and contractors to comply with Federal Acquisition Regulations, Kelleher noted. He added that the contract also addresses new legal and ethical requirements pertaining to the legal status of employees, complying with ethics rules, as well as federal Prompt Pay Act requirements.
Kelleher added that the document was written, reviewed and approved by a team of professionals representing every part of the construction process, including contractors, subcontractors, owners and sureties.
“There is no need to reinvent the wheel every time someone wants to engage a subcontractor or work as a subcontractor on a federal government construction project,” Kelleher said.
ConsensusDOCS contracts are the first and only industry standard contracts written and endorsed by 22 leading construction organizations.
ConsensusDOCS contracts utilize best practices to represent the project’s best interests.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 308 projects with a total value of $8,663,009,110 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$200,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$200,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$60,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- Gateway Pipeline approval gets a nod by the industry
- Recycled asphalt delivering dividends: experts
- Balcony with Waterview
- Pioneering environmental restoration in Saudi Arabia sets precedent, says Stockton
- Smooth Performance
- Out with the bricks and in with the jam
- ASHRAE developing commissioning guideline
- U.S. public construction pushes industry spending to new level
- Nine Ontario asphalt plants recognized for excellence by OHMPA
- COCA chair lands on OCOT's board of governors
- Mid-month residential sales on the rise in Toronto
- Crane operator trapped by raging fire rescued by military chopper in Kingston
- Panel approves Northern Gateway pipeline project
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 23rd, 2013
- Winnipeg police station $70 million over budget so far
- Support growing for Northern Gateway pipeline
- Two paths for energy efficiency in updated B.C. Building Code
- Sid Returns!
- Construction efficiency is a growing concern
- Mentors can help with brain drain
- New technology driving construction over past 25 years
- Calgary companies face fines for botched highrise generator installation
- Kiewit Flatiron wins 2013 Deputy Minister's Contractor of the Year award