June 17, 2009
RAIC names new fellows
Danish architect Jan Gehl, a founding partner of Copenhagen’s Gehl Architects and Mexico’s Bernardo Gómez-Pimienta, dean of the school of architecture at Universidad Anahuac in Mexico City have been named honourary fellows of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC).
Gehl also is a retired professor of urban design at the school of architecture at the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts. Gómez-Pimienta is a chevalier of France’s Legion of Honor.
The two will be inducted into the institute’s college of fellows at a convocation Friday during the 2009 Festival of Architecture and forum in Montreal. Fellowship is conferred in recognition of outstanding contributions to the architectural profession.
In addition, some 33 architects will be inducted as fellows.
Established in 1907, the institute represents close to 3,700 architects across Canada and attempts to support architects in achieving excellence.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 433 projects with a total value of $3,210,413,882 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$210,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$110,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$51,500,000 Milton ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project