June 17, 2009
RFP issued for Toronto courthouse
The new Toronto West Courthouse project is moving forward with the release of a request for proposals (RFP) to select an architectural firm to lead the planning, design and compliance aspects of the project.
The planning, design and compliance team will further develop the site master plan and prepare key documents including project specific output specification.
The Toronto West Courthouse will be the first new, purpose built, criminal courthouse facility in the City of Toronto. The new courthouse will provide services to the west end of Toronto. Highlights of the Toronto West Courthouse include:
The project is targeting a LEED silver designation.
The RFP for the planning, design and compliance teamcloses on July 6. It will be build under Infrastructure Ontario’s design-build-finance-maintain model.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Halton Reg ON Prebid
$191,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$144,000,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
- Toronto firms tops for Winnipeg hut designs
- Toronto architect releases music album
- Road pricing an effective congestion fighter, say experts
- What does “Local Knowledge” really mean in Ontario AFPs?
- United States construction employers add 17,000 jobs in November but growth is uneven, finds AGC
- Toronto housing starts dip: CMHC
- Active unions needed, says Segal
- Saint John Harbour Bridge project wraps up
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex