June 16, 2009
Bondfield to build Windsor hospital
Windsor Regional Hospital has signed a fixed-price contract with Bondfield Construction, to build and finance the hospital redevelopment project, clearing the way for construction to begin.
At the peak of construction, which will be completed in spring 2012, there will be approximately 220 workers on site daily. Bondfield expects to hire 80 per cent of its workers from the local Windsor community, including management staff, operating engineers, labourers, carpenters, bricklayers, painters and other skilled trades.
This will equate to approximately 500,000 hours of local labour over the lifespan of the project.
In addition to its other projects, Bondfield Construction is currently completing the expansion and renovation of two other alternative financing and procurement (AFP) hospital projects, including Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga and Runnymede Healthcare Centre in Toronto.
On these projects, approximately 90 per cent of the workers have been hired from the local community or region.
The building team includes financing arranged by Bank of Montreal acting as agent, National Bank of Canada, Laurentian Bank and Toronto Dominion Bank.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)