LATEST NEWS Roadbuilding
June 11, 2009
New York City tunnel to be biggest in U.S.
NORTH BERGEN, N.J.
Officials are launching America’s largest transportation project — a third tunnel into New York City that’s expected to generate 6,000 construction jobs and be completed by 2017.
The project was launched at a ceremony Monday in northern New Jersey. It will be burrowed under the Hudson River and will speed the commute from New Jersey to New York City.
Federal Transit Administration chief Peter Rogoff says the rail tunnel is the largest ever funded by his agency. The Obama administration will provide US$3 billion toward the $8.7 billion project.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 376 projects with a total value of $1,488,736,331 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$79,500,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$43,000,000 Clarington ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job