September 2, 2004
ERCO Worldwide to build plant in Chile
ERCO Worldwide has announced that an agreement has been reached with CMPC Celulosa S.A. (CMPC), a Division of Empresas CMPC S.A., to supply CMPC with sodium chlorate by constructing and operating a manufacturing plant adjacent to the CMPC Pacifico mill in Chile.
The agreement is subject to the finalization of certain commercial and operating conditions and to obtaining the environmental permits from the Chilean authorities.
A new company, ERCO Chile LLC, has been established to conduct ERCO’s Chilean operations. The capital cost of the world-scale manufacturing facility is expected to be in the $65 million range and would increase ERCO’s annual sodium chlorate capacity to 635,000 tonnes. The plant is scheduled to start up in mid-2006.
Paul Timmons, president of ERCO Worldwide, said: “The construction of this sodium chlorate manufacturing facility provides significant synergies to our offshore movements and is a significant step in ERCO’s growth strategy. We are excited with the opportunity to be an important supplier to CMPC.”
ERCO Worldwide is a leading supplier of chemicals and technology to the pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)