September 27, 2004
Two projects get design-build awards
The Ottawa-based Canadian Design-Build Institute (CDBI) has recognized excellence in Canada’s design-build industry in its second annual awards program.
Awards were presented for two projects in Montreal and Toronto during the institute’s 2004 national design-build conference in Edmonton.
“Award recipients demonstrate the highest standards and principles in the design-build industry,” the institute said in a statement.
Awards were judged according to four criteria:
• Success achieved in attaining the owner/user’s project goals.
• Success in implementing design-build best practices.
• The design team’s use of innovation.
• Design quality of the project.
An award of excellence was presented for the renovation and expansion of the Montreal Convention Centre.
The project was undertaken by a team led by Genivar Inc., Aecon Group Inc., and Divco Ltd. and which included Tetreault Dubuc Saia Architects. Owner is the Quebec Real Estate Corp.
An honourable mention was given for the Ricoh Coliseum at Exhibition Place in Toronto. The team, led by PCL Constructors Canada Inc., included Brisbin Brook Beynon Architects, Parkin Architects Ltd., Yolles, The Mitchell Partnership Inc., and Mulvey & Banani International Inc.
The project was undertaken on behalf of the owners/developers, the city of Toronto, the board of governors of Exhibition Place and Borealis.
Established in 1998, the CDBI is the national voice of Canadian designbuild practitioners.
The institute is a special committee of the Canadian Construction Association.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin