LATEST NEWS Skills Training
March 19, 2008
Bradford’s Holy Trinity High School earns $5.1-million in funding for rebuild
Students at Catholic secondary schools in Simcoe County will benefit from provincial funding for new school accommodations.
The government is investing $5.1 million to help the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School rebuild a section of Holy Trinity High School in Bradford.
The government is supporting a $700 million investment to build new schools to replace facilities where renewal needs are almost as much as the cost of replacing the school. The funding is part of the government’s $4 billion Good Places to Learn program.
“Students deserve safe and healthy school environments — by investing in better schools for our students, we’re helping them to succeed and reach their full potential,” said Kathleen Wynne, education minister for Ontario. “This kind of significant education investment will go a long way to support secondary-school students in Bradford for generations to come.”
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Milton ON Tenders
$55,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Lennox and Addington Co ON Negotiated
- Youth get hands-on at Future Building expo
- Taskgroup to work on engaging Aboriginal communities
- World Cup stadium strike comes to an end
- Former Quebec construction boss admits collusion involvement
- Manufacturing labour shortage to get a boost from government
- LEED-approved projects are booming in 2014
- Large wave of project enter Holcim Awards competition
- Former finance minister Jim Flaherty has died
- Siemens Canada awarded first wind turbine order in Saskatchewan
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant