February 7, 2008
Reed Construction Data Acquires Tectonic Partners Inc
Construction information provider to deliver industry-defining technology for BIM
December 9, 2007 — Reed Construction Data today announced the acquisition of Tectonic Partners Inc., a leading developer and service provider of building information modeling (BIM) for the architectural, engineering and construction industries.
The acquisition represents a significant strategic move by Reed Construction Data to become a leader in the emerging building information modeling space and complements the strategic partnership with RCMS Group announced earlier this year.
An agreement between the two companies was signed today in Atlanta. The acquisition will formally close Feb. 1, 2008.
The combination of Reed Construction Data and Tectonic will give architects, engineers and contractors (AEC) a powerful set of solutions for creating and managing BIM content on their desktops, as well as integrating RSMeans’ industry-leading cost data into the objects and the drawings themselves.
“By combining the power of RSMeans data and other Tectonic applications, we’ll be able to make a huge impact in the daily business lives of the AEC community,” said Iain Melville, CEO of Reed Construction Data. “I am excited about the potential to create rich BIM content for BPMs and to create many new products and services in the future.”
“Reed Construction Data and Tectonic together will move BIM to truly integrate RSMeans data into the work flows of architects, engineers and contractors,” Melville said. “We think this is powerful marriage of both BIM technology and integrated data.”
As part of the agreement, Arol Wolford, CEO of Tectonic, and one of the leading innovators in the industry, will stay on as a consultant to Reed Construction Data.
“I’m very excited to work alongside Reed and to match our products and services with the strong content that they provide,” Wolford said. “BIM has opened up countless opportunities in our industry, and the combination of our companies will give us the power to deliver full service BIM options to the AEC community.”
Tectonic provides several unique products and services, including BIM Library Manager, a software application for the organization and management of Autodesk Revit families, which helps assist in efficient creation of BIM.
Tectonic also has built an expansive library of BIM objects and is in the process of developing a powerful quantity take off tool to further meet the needs of the AEC community.
The emerging BIM technology provides consumers with the ability to improve visualization, coordination, simulation and optimization, which translates into direct advantages such as cost savings, fewer errors, productivity gains and the ability to manage building information throughout a project’s entire lifecycle.
Reed Construction Data
About Reed Construction Data
Reed Construction Data, a division of Reed Business Information, is a leading North American provider of construction information through a diverse portfolio of innovative products and services. Reed offers its customers construction project leads, building product information, construction costs, market analytics and construction news through a suite of online and print references — all valuable resources for architects, engineers, contractors, manufacturers, distributors and other professionals in the construction industry. For more information, visit www.reedconstructiondata.com or call 877-REED411.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information, a part of the Reed Elsevier Group plc (NYSE:RUK and ENL), is North America’s largest business-to-business information provider, with more than 80 market-leading publications, 55 Websites and a range of leading business-to-business services.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)