September 28, 2007
2007 ARIDO Awards of Excellence honour two top Ontario projects
The Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario (ARIDO) announced the winners of its twenty-third annual Awards of Excellence at a gala dinner on September 27 at the Direct Energy Centre. Among the winning entries were two Projects of the Year.
“This is an annual program ARIDO has for its members to be recognized for their work,” enthuses Susan Wiggins, Executive Director of ARIDO. “The quality of the projects was interesting, and shows the breadth of work our members do. It’s important for us to recognize members and for members to recognize themselves.”
Diego Burdi of burdifliek design won one of the coveted Project of the Year awards for his design of the retail and tasting areas of Stratus Winery. Burdi also won three Awards of Merit for his luxury retail designs at Holt Renfrew and an Award of Excellence for his role in Capezio.
“What further endorsed these projects was that the client came with the designer and spoke as to the success of the project,” adds Wiggins. “Interior design should be part of any business model. It helps businesses to remain successful and competitive.”
Christopher Wright of figure3 also received a Project of the Year award for his interpretation of Umbra’s new flagship retail location in Toronto.
Each entry was judged on its own merit — and on the specific circumstances under which it was completed — by nine representative from business, media and design. This year, a shift toward greater emphasis on the re-design of public spaces was evident, and as a result, the majority of the awards were given to projects and designers in the commercial and retail-based sectors.
For a complete list of winners, see ARIDO’s web site.
RCD News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- P3s can support Canadian resource development
- Parking culture shift can influence transit use and development, says expert panel
- What will it take to improve infrastructure?
- NRC unveils four new research programs
- Water-treatment plant planned for Manitoba’s CentrePort area
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- United States green construction arms race heats up
- Nova Scotia to ban importation of waste water from shale gas fracking
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin