September 28, 2007
2007 ARIDO Awards of Excellence honour two top Ontario projects
The Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario (ARIDO) announced the winners of its twenty-third annual Awards of Excellence at a gala dinner on September 27 at the Direct Energy Centre. Among the winning entries were two Projects of the Year.
“This is an annual program ARIDO has for its members to be recognized for their work,” enthuses Susan Wiggins, Executive Director of ARIDO. “The quality of the projects was interesting, and shows the breadth of work our members do. It’s important for us to recognize members and for members to recognize themselves.”
Diego Burdi of burdifliek design won one of the coveted Project of the Year awards for his design of the retail and tasting areas of Stratus Winery. Burdi also won three Awards of Merit for his luxury retail designs at Holt Renfrew and an Award of Excellence for his role in Capezio.
“What further endorsed these projects was that the client came with the designer and spoke as to the success of the project,” adds Wiggins. “Interior design should be part of any business model. It helps businesses to remain successful and competitive.”
Christopher Wright of figure3 also received a Project of the Year award for his interpretation of Umbra’s new flagship retail location in Toronto.
Each entry was judged on its own merit — and on the specific circumstances under which it was completed — by nine representative from business, media and design. This year, a shift toward greater emphasis on the re-design of public spaces was evident, and as a result, the majority of the awards were given to projects and designers in the commercial and retail-based sectors.
For a complete list of winners, see ARIDO’s web site.
RCD News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project