LATEST NEWS Green Building
September 25, 2007
Signature Centre scores LEED platinum certification
Aardex LLC, a full service design, development and construction firm, has received LEED Platinum certification from the United States Green Building Council for the Signature Centre.
This is the first commercial Platinum building in Colorado and, at 186,000 square feet, the largest speculative LEED Platinum project in the United States.
“Our staff outdid themselves. We are now the greenest building in Colorado,” said Aardex CEO Rick Butler, whose firm developed, designed, constructed and now manages the Signature Centre.
“We received the Platinum certification and the staff achieved it at standard construction costs. We can do LEED for free.”
The Signature Centre, a five story structure, features underfloor air throughout the building with individual temperature and ventilation controls.
Daylight harvesting via interior and exterior light shelving, abundant glass and individual lighting showcase the many features promoting productivity and creativity in this state-of-the-art workplace.
“Aardex is to be commended for achieving Platinum LEED certification. This facility is one that both the community and its customers can be proud of,” said Rick Fedrizzi, President, CEO, Founding Chair, U.S. Green Building Council.
“The Signature Centre will be a showcase for high-performance and energy-efficiency and an inspiration for others to match it .”
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- PCL Constructors works on Humber River Regional Hospital in Toronto
- Tower Hill unveils 56-storey condo tower project
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- London association withdraws from COCA
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Provinces need to loosen up apprenticeship rules
- Way Up on Westwood
- Building Up On Bayview
- Barrie Construction Association rolls with motorcycle ride for cancer
- Vimy Ridge memorial gets new visitor centre
- Minnesota Vikings unveil new multi-use stadium plan
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Construction Site Arson
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)