LATEST NEWS Green Building
September 25, 2007
Signature Centre scores LEED platinum certification
Aardex LLC, a full service design, development and construction firm, has received LEED Platinum certification from the United States Green Building Council for the Signature Centre.
This is the first commercial Platinum building in Colorado and, at 186,000 square feet, the largest speculative LEED Platinum project in the United States.
“Our staff outdid themselves. We are now the greenest building in Colorado,” said Aardex CEO Rick Butler, whose firm developed, designed, constructed and now manages the Signature Centre.
“We received the Platinum certification and the staff achieved it at standard construction costs. We can do LEED for free.”
The Signature Centre, a five story structure, features underfloor air throughout the building with individual temperature and ventilation controls.
Daylight harvesting via interior and exterior light shelving, abundant glass and individual lighting showcase the many features promoting productivity and creativity in this state-of-the-art workplace.
“Aardex is to be commended for achieving Platinum LEED certification. This facility is one that both the community and its customers can be proud of,” said Rick Fedrizzi, President, CEO, Founding Chair, U.S. Green Building Council.
“The Signature Centre will be a showcase for high-performance and energy-efficiency and an inspiration for others to match it .”
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Whitby ON Tenders
$100,000,000 Brampton ON Prebid
$66,000,000 Peterborough ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex