LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
September 25, 2007
McNally Construction wins dredging contract for Gros-Cacouna port
A $2.4 million contract has been awarded for the dredging of the port of Gros-Cacouna.
“The dredging of the port of Gros-Cacouna is vital for the safe passage of ships,” said Lawrence Cannon, Canada’s Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities.
Dredging work will consist of making the maneuvering area’s average depth eight metres and returning the berth depths to 10.2 metres.
Valued at $2,377,500, the work will be undertaken by McNally Construction Inc. and should begin in the following weeks to end before the end of the year.
“While ensuring safe maneuvering for large vessels, accomplishing this dredging project at the Gros-Cacouna port will ensure the continued pursuit of commercial activities at the port”, added Minister Cannon.
The Gros-Cacouna dredging project has undergone an environmental assessment under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act. Furthermore, during the work, measures will be taken to minimize the impact on normal port activities.
The Gros-Cacouna port is located on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River, about 15 km northeast of the City of Rivière-du-Loup.
Softwood lumber and pulp as well as paper produced in the region and general merchandise contribute significantly to the volume of products handled at the port.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 541 projects with a total value of $2,992,674,310 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$290,000,000 North York ON Prebid
$105,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Prebid
$75,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Prompt payment bill headed to committee
- Final Phase
- A return to core values a must for banks: Carney
- OHMPA on the road with informative seminars
- Local 675 strike ends after new agreement ratified
- NDP says it will support Liberal budget, averting spring election
- Measure of U.S. economy’s future health rises 0.6 per cent in April after March dip
- Terratec awarded Brighton, Ont. Lagoon Clean-Out Project contract
- Fundraising campaign to reach target for new Shriners Hospital for Children
- George Brown College building named after Tridel CEO
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)