September 25, 2007
Federal government ponders $20 million for Regina trade centre
The federal government is looking at funding up to $20 million for the construction of a new multi-purpose facility at IPSCO Place under Building Canada infrastructure plan.
The proposed construction of a new multiplex is part of a larger revitalization for the entire complex and will help attract large events to Regina. The larger revitalization includes the building of a 400,000 square foot complex which includes exhibition hall and event facilities, the upgrade of the Brandt Centre, and the demolition of 19 older buildings.
“Our event site has a significant role in attracting and hosting world-class agri-business, sporting, entertainment and cultural events and has a major economic impact on the community,” said Mark Allan, President and CEO of IPSCO Place.
“This project will allow us the opportunity to move forward with our master plans for revitalizing and redeveloping IPSCO Place and will also ensure that we can continue to be competitive nationally and internationally.
“We’re looking forward to continued partnerships with all three levels of government to see the multi-phase, multi-year project completed.”
“We are very pleased with the Government of Canada’s decision to make this major revitalization project a priority,” said Mayor Pat Fiacco. “This project will help ensure the long-term sustainability of IPSCO Place.”
Financial support for the project is conditional on the successful negotiation with the Province of Saskatchewan of a framework agreement under Building Canada.
It is also conditional on a federal due diligence review of the project, the successful completion of an environmental assessment and the successful signing of a contribution agreement.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant