September 21, 2007
The Association of Canadian Engineering Companies receives award for its education campaign
The Association of Canadian Engineering Companies (ACEC) is the recipient of the 2007 “Associations Make a Better Canada Award” presented by the Canadian Society of Association Executives (CSAE).
The award is in recognition of ACEC’s public affairs and government relations work and, specifically, its campaign to educate and inform public office-holders of the benefits of the InfraGuide “Best Practice“ for Selecting a Professional Consultant.
The principal selection criteria of the award are the high quality of the concept and the effectiveness in the planning and implementation of the initiative.
“ACEC is very proud to be the recipient of this prestigious award,” said president Claude Paul Boivin.
“The use of the InfraGuide “Best Practice” when selecting engineers leads to significant life-cycle savings by encouraging innovation and optimizing quality and sustainability.”
The association officially kicked off the campaign at its national convention in June. The ads are running in select publications.
“We have received many favorable comments on the graphic concept of the four ads that were designed for this campaign,” Boivin said.
“Because of the diversity of engineering, it is challenging to capture the accent in a few images, but I think we have succeeded with our ads and we are delighted that an outside organization has recognized this through the award.”
ACEC, is the national organization that represents private sector consulting engineering firms in Canada, a $13.8 billion-a-year industry that employs 88,500 Canadians.
ACEC member firms are engaged, in some way or another, in nearly every infrastructure project in the country. Canada is the third largest exporter of engineering services in the world.
CSAE is the professional organization for those who manage many of Canada’s most progressive associations.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin