LATEST NEWS Concrete
September 19, 2007
Cematrix Canada supplies cellular concrete for Victoria street restoration project
Cematrix Canada has been awarded a new order to supply cellular concrete for the City of Victoria restoration of Vancouver Street and View Street.
This high profile project is a key step in the implementation of the company’s efforts to expand into British Columbia and to balance infrastructure projects and oil sands projects.
Cellular concrete provides a cost and labour saving solution as a replacement for rigid and other insulating materials in frost-susceptible or permafrost conditions. Cellular concrete is also used in void filling situations and as a replacement for granular fills and weak or unstable soils.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 333 projects with a total value of $13,209,890,621 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$150,000,000 Toronto ON Negotiated
$35,000,000 Chatham ON Negotiated
$26,000,000 Sudbury ON Tenders
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin