LATEST NEWS Heavy Equipment
September 18, 2007
Caterpillar eyes new engine plant in China
Heavy equipment maker Caterpillar Inc. plans to build a diesel-engine manufacturing facility in China that will make more than 100,000 engines a year.
The Peoria-based company wants to build Perkins and Caterpillar brand diesel engines in Wuxi in China’s Jiangsu province to be primarily sold in Asian markets. Caterpillar officials said the development is still subject to final agreement with the government of Wuxi.
The company did not announce how much it will invest in the plant, but said it will be a significant multi-year investment. Caterpillar would build the plant through a joint venture with Japanese partner IHI Shibauru Machinery Corp.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Whitby ON Tenders
$100,000,000 Brampton ON Prebid
$66,000,000 Peterborough ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex