LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
September 10, 2007
Feds invest $5 million in harbour upgrades for Newfoundland and Labrador
OLD PERLICAN, NFLD
The federal government will spend $5 million repairing and improving a number of small craft harbours in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Seven harbours will receive work including Southern Harbour, Harbour Grace, Holyrood, Jerseyside, Long Cove, Old Perlican and St. Bride’s. Also, projects will be completed this year at the harbours of Bay de Verde, Foxtrap and Arnold’s Cove.
The lastest spending announcement is in addition to the $2.5 million being spend to improve harbours in Trepassey, Portugal Cove South, Fermeuse and Renews
These projects will be implemented by Fisheries and Oceans Canada, as part of its Small Craft Harbours Program, in co-operation with the local harbour authorities that manage and operate the facilities
The projects include:
• Southern Harbour - Harbour development consisting of armourstone breakwater construction, wharf construction, and upland property development. Upon completion, an old deteriorated wharf within the harbour will be removed.
• Harbour Grace - A project to extend electrical service to a recently constructed finger pier wharf. Project completion is expected this year.
• Holyrood - The wharf facilities at North Arm are no longer safe for Fish Harvesters to use and require reconstruction. A multi-year wharf reconstruction project will begin this year with completion scheduled for 2008.
• Jerseyside - The marginal wharf has deteriorated over time and now requires major maintenance. A project to repair the wharf will be completed in 2007.
• Long Cove – Dredging of the main channel to be done this year.
• Old Perlican - A basin dredging followed by a wharf construction project will commence to provide the additional berthage required.
• St. Bride's - A harbour development project consisting of basin dredging and wharf construction will commence in 2007.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project