LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
September 10, 2007
Feds invest $5 million in harbour upgrades for Newfoundland and Labrador
OLD PERLICAN, NFLD
The federal government will spend $5 million repairing and improving a number of small craft harbours in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Seven harbours will receive work including Southern Harbour, Harbour Grace, Holyrood, Jerseyside, Long Cove, Old Perlican and St. Bride’s. Also, projects will be completed this year at the harbours of Bay de Verde, Foxtrap and Arnold’s Cove.
The lastest spending announcement is in addition to the $2.5 million being spend to improve harbours in Trepassey, Portugal Cove South, Fermeuse and Renews
These projects will be implemented by Fisheries and Oceans Canada, as part of its Small Craft Harbours Program, in co-operation with the local harbour authorities that manage and operate the facilities
The projects include:
• Southern Harbour - Harbour development consisting of armourstone breakwater construction, wharf construction, and upland property development. Upon completion, an old deteriorated wharf within the harbour will be removed.
• Harbour Grace - A project to extend electrical service to a recently constructed finger pier wharf. Project completion is expected this year.
• Holyrood - The wharf facilities at North Arm are no longer safe for Fish Harvesters to use and require reconstruction. A multi-year wharf reconstruction project will begin this year with completion scheduled for 2008.
• Jerseyside - The marginal wharf has deteriorated over time and now requires major maintenance. A project to repair the wharf will be completed in 2007.
• Long Cove – Dredging of the main channel to be done this year.
• Old Perlican - A basin dredging followed by a wharf construction project will commence to provide the additional berthage required.
• St. Bride's - A harbour development project consisting of basin dredging and wharf construction will commence in 2007.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job