September 7, 2007
Stantec brings South Carolina’s Trico Engineering Consultants into the family
Stantec has brought into its fold the South Carolina-based Trico Engineering Consultants, Inc.
Based in North Charleston, Trico adds approximately 130 employees specializing in civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, and planning.
“With Trico, we significantly enhance our presence, depth and experience in the Charleston area,” says Stantec President and CEO Tony Franceschini.
“Their services complement much of what we’re already doing in the southeast, and we look forward to expanding those services further into the coastal areas of the Carolinas.”
For over 25 years, Trico has worked on a broad range of residential and commercial development projects in the greater Charleston area, including the 300-acre Centre Point development in North Charleston.
Centre Point now houses the area’s first retail outlet center and has become a centerpiece of the city’s redevelopment efforts.
“Joining Stantec really opens up opportunities for our employees and our clients,” says Cleve Gillette, Trico President and General Manager. “Stantec’s wide network of staff and resources allows us to offer even more services to our clients, while we continue to do the same quality work right here from our local office.”
Trico has offices in North Charleston and Georgetown, South Carolina. Stantec’s existing office in Charleston will merge with Trico’s North Charleston office later this month. With Trico, Stantec now has 10 offices with over 400 employees in the Carolinas and the Southeast.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 331 projects with a total value of $3,875,502,154 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$2,200,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$125,000,000 Scarborough ON Prebid
$49,900,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Toronto firms tops for Winnipeg hut designs
- Toronto architect releases music album
- Road pricing an effective congestion fighter, say experts
- What does “Local Knowledge” really mean in Ontario AFPs?
- United States construction employers add 17,000 jobs in November but growth is uneven, finds AGC
- Toronto housing starts dip: CMHC
- Active unions needed, says Segal
- Saint John Harbour Bridge project wraps up
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex