September 6, 2007
Bird Construction to build Winnipeg a $12.5 million police station
Bird Construction will be building Winnipeg’s newest police station under a fixed-price agreement, costing the city $12.5 million.
The public-private partnership awarded this week will see the 33,000-square-foot building completed by next September.
Huntingdon Real Estate Investment Trust will own the property with East Side Police Station, while the City of Winnipeg will lease the property for 30 years. The increasing net rental rates over the term of the lease averages $30 net rent per square foot.
The City of Winnipeg has options to acquire the property in 2018, 2028 or 2038 at a purchase price of $11 million, $8 million and $1.00, respectively.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Milton ON Tenders
$55,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Lennox and Addington Co ON Negotiated
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant