September 6, 2007
Bird Construction to build Winnipeg a $12.5 million police station
Bird Construction will be building Winnipeg’s newest police station under a fixed-price agreement, costing the city $12.5 million.
The public-private partnership awarded this week will see the 33,000-square-foot building completed by next September.
Huntingdon Real Estate Investment Trust will own the property with East Side Police Station, while the City of Winnipeg will lease the property for 30 years. The increasing net rental rates over the term of the lease averages $30 net rent per square foot.
The City of Winnipeg has options to acquire the property in 2018, 2028 or 2038 at a purchase price of $11 million, $8 million and $1.00, respectively.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- TCIC bid competition a prep for the future, say students
- George Street Glass
- Enbridge pledges jobs with proposed pipeline
- Ontario now off coal
- CEO honours top Ontario engineer firms
- Muskrat Falls project costs going up, reports Nalcor Energy CEO
- Ex government engineer accepted gifts in exchange for contracts
- Alberta health and safety officials investigate death of electrician
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job