September 6, 2007
Three bid teams answer call for Niagara Health System project in St. Catharines
ST. CATHARINES, ONT.
The Niagara Health System project has reached another key milestone with the release of a request for proposals to design, build, finance and maintain a new health-care complex that will replace the existing Ontario Street and St. Catharines General sites.
“Today’s call for project teams brings the community of St. Catharines and the Niagara region one step closer to having a larger facility with a wider range of health-care services under one roof,” said David Caplan, Minister of Public Infrastructure Renewal.
The following three project teams were short-listed through a request for qualifications (RFQ) issued in November 2006: Hospital Infrastructure Partners Inc. (HIP) including Carillion Canada, EllisDon Corporation, Labourers’ Pension Fund of Central and Eastern Ontario, Stantec/Murphy Hilgers Architects, Rybka, Smith and Ginsler; Plenary Health (Plenary) including Plenary Group, PCL Constructors, Bregman Hamann Architects, Silver Thomas International Architects, Johnson Controls, Deutsche Bank; Infusion Health consisting of Bilfinger Berger BOT, John Laing, Vanbots Construction, Parkin Architects/Vermeulen-Hind Architects in joint venture, Honeywell Building Solutions, RBC Capital Markets.
Construction is scheduled to begin in Fall 2008.
Once complete, the 375-bed community hospital will serve St. Catharines, Thorold, Niagara-on-the-Lake and surrounding communities with a full range of acute/critical, surgical, emergency and ambulatory services.
The new health-care complex will also house new regional services including cardiac catheterization, radiation treatment for cancer patients and 53 new longer-term mental health beds.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant