September 6, 2007
Three bid teams answer call for Niagara Health System project in St. Catharines
ST. CATHARINES, ONT.
The Niagara Health System project has reached another key milestone with the release of a request for proposals to design, build, finance and maintain a new health-care complex that will replace the existing Ontario Street and St. Catharines General sites.
“Today’s call for project teams brings the community of St. Catharines and the Niagara region one step closer to having a larger facility with a wider range of health-care services under one roof,” said David Caplan, Minister of Public Infrastructure Renewal.
The following three project teams were short-listed through a request for qualifications (RFQ) issued in November 2006: Hospital Infrastructure Partners Inc. (HIP) including Carillion Canada, EllisDon Corporation, Labourers’ Pension Fund of Central and Eastern Ontario, Stantec/Murphy Hilgers Architects, Rybka, Smith and Ginsler; Plenary Health (Plenary) including Plenary Group, PCL Constructors, Bregman Hamann Architects, Silver Thomas International Architects, Johnson Controls, Deutsche Bank; Infusion Health consisting of Bilfinger Berger BOT, John Laing, Vanbots Construction, Parkin Architects/Vermeulen-Hind Architects in joint venture, Honeywell Building Solutions, RBC Capital Markets.
Construction is scheduled to begin in Fall 2008.
Once complete, the 375-bed community hospital will serve St. Catharines, Thorold, Niagara-on-the-Lake and surrounding communities with a full range of acute/critical, surgical, emergency and ambulatory services.
The new health-care complex will also house new regional services including cardiac catheterization, radiation treatment for cancer patients and 53 new longer-term mental health beds.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- TCIC bid competition a prep for the future, say students
- George Street Glass
- Enbridge pledges jobs with proposed pipeline
- Ontario now off coal
- CEO honours top Ontario engineer firms
- Muskrat Falls project costs going up, reports Nalcor Energy CEO
- Ex government engineer accepted gifts in exchange for contracts
- Alberta health and safety officials investigate death of electrician
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job