September 6, 2007
Three bid teams answer call for Niagara Health System project in St. Catharines
ST. CATHARINES, ONT.
The Niagara Health System project has reached another key milestone with the release of a request for proposals to design, build, finance and maintain a new health-care complex that will replace the existing Ontario Street and St. Catharines General sites.
“Today’s call for project teams brings the community of St. Catharines and the Niagara region one step closer to having a larger facility with a wider range of health-care services under one roof,” said David Caplan, Minister of Public Infrastructure Renewal.
The following three project teams were short-listed through a request for qualifications (RFQ) issued in November 2006: Hospital Infrastructure Partners Inc. (HIP) including Carillion Canada, EllisDon Corporation, Labourers’ Pension Fund of Central and Eastern Ontario, Stantec/Murphy Hilgers Architects, Rybka, Smith and Ginsler; Plenary Health (Plenary) including Plenary Group, PCL Constructors, Bregman Hamann Architects, Silver Thomas International Architects, Johnson Controls, Deutsche Bank; Infusion Health consisting of Bilfinger Berger BOT, John Laing, Vanbots Construction, Parkin Architects/Vermeulen-Hind Architects in joint venture, Honeywell Building Solutions, RBC Capital Markets.
Construction is scheduled to begin in Fall 2008.
Once complete, the 375-bed community hospital will serve St. Catharines, Thorold, Niagara-on-the-Lake and surrounding communities with a full range of acute/critical, surgical, emergency and ambulatory services.
The new health-care complex will also house new regional services including cardiac catheterization, radiation treatment for cancer patients and 53 new longer-term mental health beds.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 309 projects with a total value of $9,233,720,297 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$500,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
$500,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$358,545,063 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- New changes will strengthen the culture
- Highway projects completed for 2013
- Lack of established areas driving up home prices
- Auto association pushes for dedicated funding
- New airport construction breaks ground
- U.S. manufacturing sector rising at a quick pace
- Oil projects help to lower deficit
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs