February 3, 2006
SNC Lavalin, PCL placed in top 25 corporations
Calgary based EnCana Corporation placed third in this year’s list of Canada’s top 25 most respected Canadian corporations as ranked by Canadian CEOs, according to a KPMG survey. In addition, former EnCana President, Gwyn Morgan, emerged as Canada’s most respected leader, with 14 per cent of CEOs personally putting forward his name as the CEO they most admire and respect.
“In today’s business environment, corporate reputation has never mattered more,” said John Wright, Senior Vice President of Ipsos Reid, who has conducted the study since its inception in 1994. “The performance of EnCana <0x2026> along with the other companies <0x2026> in this year’s survey, is a tribute to their leadership and example among their CEO peers.”
Of the eight survey categories against which companies are measured, the two that appeared most frequently among those who made the Top 25 list this year were Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance.
PCL Construction Group Inc. of Edmonton and Montreal-based construction firm SNC Lavalin were also among the top companies named in this year’s survey.
Conducted between October and November 2005, the survey involved interviews with 250 of the leading CEOs in Canada, either by telephone or on-line.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin