March 30, 2005
APAO annual meeting
Two companies receive environmental awards
CBM Aggregates and Walker Industries Holdings Limited recently received environmental achievement awards from the Aggregate Producers’ Association of Ontario (APAO).
The awards are designed to recognize APAO members that have developed and successfully implemented industry-leading policies, programs or projects that make positive contributions to the environment and exceed industry standards and regulatory requirements.
CBM Aggregates developed and implemented an ISO 14000 compliant environmental management system that exceeds industry standards and has raised the bar in environmental stewardship for the company and the industry.
Walker Industries Holdings Limited devoted considerable efforts in controlling site emissions of dust, through its EARTH 1st program which is dedicated to protecting the environment for future generations.
“We have been both impressed and delighted by the response we have received from our members to the environmental achievement awards program,” said Carol Hochu, president of the APAO.
“The industry is committed to the environment and our award programs demonstrate evidence of genuine action at the grassroots level.
“The APAO is proud of our members’ commitment to the environment and respect for the communities in which they work,” she added.
The APAO represents 91 producers of sand, gravel, and crushed stone in Ontario, along with 137 suppliers of aggregate industry products and services.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Whitby ON Tenders
$100,000,000 Brampton ON Prebid
$66,000,000 Peterborough ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex