LATEST NEWS Professional Services
March 30, 2005
AMEC acquires U.K.-based firm
AMEC plc, the London-headquartered international project management and services company, has expanded its global environmental services capability with the acquisition of United Kingdom-based Environmental Advice Centre (EAC) Ltd.
“The U.K. market for environmental services represents an important growth opportunity for AMEC, with increased public and private investment in high-level environmental consultancy, driven mainly by evolving legislation,” said AMEC executive director Carlos Riva.
“Environmental consulting also gives AMEC entry to customer projects at the earliest point in the total life-cycle of the asset.”
EAC specializes in ecological surveys and assessments, contaminated land remediation and air and water quality appraisals.
It employs 25 environmental professionals in offices in Mold and Richmond.
The deal was engineered by AMEC Earth & Environmental’s Mississauga, Ont.-based executive vice president, Jim Beechinor, who is also in charge of the company’s U.K. environmental operations.
AMEC said the acquisition gives the company a U.K. gateway through which to target its expertise in large environmental management programs, both with existing AMEC and EAC customers across the oil and gas, industrial, transport and government sectors as well as into new markets.
AMEC’s environmental services business operates from a network of 100 offices across the Americas as well as locations in Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Russia and Peru.
It provides extensive environmental services around the globe.
The environmental services business forms part of the Engineering and Technical Services business, AMEC’s largest area of activity.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin